Last Updated on January 26, 2022 by Grow with Bovees
If you’re still breaking a sweat trying to move firewood from your storage area to your fire pit or wood oven, you need to buy a firewood cart.
High quality firewood log carriers feature a rugged design and come with robust handles, tires for rough terrain, and feature solid construction to accommodate a large capacity of firewood pieces.
A firewood hauling wagon can be ordered in many different sizes, and models, making it a bit overwhelming to buy the right firewood log cart for your needs.
But after checking out several firewood carts, we’ve narrowed the list to the 5 best firewood cart options including a budget-friendly model based on load capacity, materials used in the construction, warranty, and prices.
5 Best Firewood Carts
1. LEADALLWAY Firewood Log Cart – Best Budget Firewood Cart
The LEADALLWAY slots in at the #1 position on this list of best firewood log carriers for several good reasons, starting with its ability to accommodate heavier loads of wood. It can be ordered in a choice of two different variants-solid wheels and inflatable wheels, and boasts a sturdy design, making it an excellent option for carrying firewood.
The LEADALLWAY firewood log cart is crafted from robust iron and solid connection rod and features a D-style handle. It offers great versatility, in that it can be used for carrying firewood, as well as to keep your home clutter-free.
Even with its heavy-duty construction, the LEADALLWAY firewood log cart weighs just a little over 21 lbs, making it easy to maneuver for both young and old in smooth on soft soil and uneven terrain. It is easy to assemble within a few minutes and comes with detailed assembly instructions.
- Durable frame construction
- Can handle heavy loads
- High-quality inflatable tires for difficult terrain
- Made from robust iron and solid connection rod
- Weighs just 21 lbs
- Lacks padded handles
2. Carts Vermont Super Chuck Firewood Cart – Best Rugged Firewood Cart
The Carts Vermont Super Chuck heavy-duty log cart features a slim design and can carry over a whopping 200 lbs of logs without any hiccups, making it a viable option for carrying large loads of firewood and other home improvement tasks compared to most wheelbarrows.
Its vertical design allows it to fit on openings as wide as 21-inches, so you can even use it to transport other items around your home.
Made in the USA in Vermont, the Carts Vermont is a highly durable firewood cart that’s equipped with 20-inch semi-pneumatic puncture-proof wheels, which makes it easy for it to handle the biggest loads, and use it on challenging terrain. It features durable steel construction and is backed by an unconditional lifetime warranty.
- Can haul around a large load of firewood
- Slim steel design allows it in spaces up to 21 inches wide
- 20-inch wide wheels
- Tires made from high-quality materials
- Unconditional warranty
- Doesn’t come with leather handles
- It may a bit unstable with really heavy loads
3. Gorilla Carts GOR1001-COM Firewood Cart – Best Heavy Duty Firewood Cart
The Gorilla Carts firewood crate wagon showcases a rustic, unique design and is truly versatile in that it comes with removable steel mesh sides to transport more wood per load.
It measures 56.14″D x 24.9″W x 44.1″H, and is one of the few firewood carrier models that comes with a padded 2-in-1 convertible handle, and robust frame.
This firewood cart by Gorrila Carts features a new frame design for quick and easy assembly and arrives complete with large 13-inch pneumatic bigger wheels.
It offers a 1000 lbs maximum weight capacity and can be used to haul around firewood or for any other outdoor projects. The Gorilla Carts firewood cart is backed by a 1-year warranty against any manufacturer defects.
- Can be transformed into a flatbed with its open sides
- Pulls up to a 1000 lbs, making it one of the best firewood carts in this space
- 13″ rubber wheels for carrying large amount of wood
- Durable and easy to assemble steel frame
- Removable side for added versatility
- Padded 2-in-1 convertible handle
- Log carrier doesn’t come with a waterproof cover
- Not available in black finish or bronze finish
4. Sporty’s Rolling Wood Log Cart – Best Aluminum Firewood Cart
The Sporty’s Rolling firewood cart boasts a timeless rustic design and can carry up to 200 lbs worth of firewood per load. It is equipped with large 16-inch wide wheels, making this cart a great fit for bumpy terrain and challenging terrain.
The Sporty’s firewood cart can be used for transporting more than just firewood and features a galvanized steel finish. It measures 35 x 25.5 x 5 inches, and weighs 32 lbs, making it a sturdy log carrier in this segment.
- Made from rustproof aluminum
- 200 lbs weight capacity
- 16-inch tires
- Sleek and compact design and specifically designed to fit in your front door
- A great option for convenient firewood storage
- Not a good option for extremely heavy loads
5. BACKYARD EXPRESSIONS Firewood Log Cart – Best Firewood Cart for Indoor Use
The Backyard Expressions firewood cart features a classic design and is designed for both indoor and outdoor use. It can be used for hauling wood up to 110 lbs of firewood without any issues and is easy to move around on a flight of stairs indoors or on slightly rugged terrain outdoors.
Adding to this, this firewood cart by Backyard Designs is made from durable powder-coated steel and comes with durable flat-free rubber wheels. It’s easy to assemble within just minutes and weighs just 11 lbs.
- Heavy-duty tubular steel frame to transport more wood than most firewood carts
- 110 lbs maximum weight capacity
- High-quality two wheels can handle large loads and make it easy to ride on rough terrains
- Constructed from durable material with powder coated finish
- Non-collapsible design makes it a tricky task to store in small spaces
- Doesn’t come with tall wheels so may only be a good fit for soft soil
Firewood Carrier Buying Guide
Firewood carts are available in all shapes and sizes including a handcrafted, high-end model. Most of the best models offer great steering capability and are fitted with high-quality type of wheels.
There are just four factors to consider when on the shopping trail for the best firewood cart namely materials, wheel size, dimensions, and price.
Firewood carts are usually made from robust steel, which allows them to carry a large load of wood. Some carts can carry heavier loads up to 1000 lbs and do not have any corrosion issues, but these models are a bit pricier than a model that can carry 200 lbs. Most firewood cart models do not come with a waterproof cover, so you’ll have to buy one separately.
Wheels are another important factor to consider because they dictate whether you can use the cart on smooth or uneven terrain or both. For example, a cheap option with 10-inch pneumatic tires is a great choice for even terrain but probably won’t perform well on rugged terrain.
Firewood carts with larger dimensions can carry a large amount of firewood, which is something to keep in mind for movement of heavier loads.
There is a big difference in price between the cheapest options and the best firewood carts. The price you pay varies and depends on several factors such as the weight of wood it can carry and build quality, and where you purchase it whether online or local stores.
So there you have it. Something for most people. Remember to take into consideration your actual use case, do you need to navigate rough terrain? Will you be hauling firewood up or down hills? Does it frequently snow in your area? All of these will affect the type of firewood carrier that will suit you the best.